you were last seen walking through a field of pianos. no. a museum of mouths. in the kitchen of a bustling restaurant, cracking eggs and releasing doves. no. eating glow worms and waltzing past my bedroom. last seen riding the subway, literally, straddling its metal back, clutching electrical cables as reins. you were wearing a dress made out of envelopes and stamps, this was how you traveled. i was the mannequin in the storefront window you could have sworn moved. the library card in the book you were reading until that dog trotted up and licked your face. the cookie with two fortunes. the one jamming herself through the paper shredder, afraid to talk to you. the beggar, hat outstretched bumming for more minutes. the phone number on the bathroom stall with no agenda other than a good time. the good time is a picnic on water, or a movie theatre that only plays your childhood home videos and no one hushes when you talk through them. when they play my videos i throw milk duds at the screen during the scenes i watch myself letting you go – lost to the other side of an elevator – your face switching to someone else’s with the swish of a geisha’s fan. my father could have been a traveling salesman. i could have been born on any doorstep. there are 2,469,501 cities in this world, and a lot of doorsteps. meet me on the boardwalk. i’ll be sure to wear my eyes. do not forget your face. i could never.
And this is why only 13% of computer science department students (on average) are sexually active. Smh.
I may not be involved in video games, but I am an active member of the comic book and general geek communities, which suffer from similar sexism. And everything this woman stands for is admirable and amazing. She is furthest from a villain, she’s a hero.
new york craigslist > personals > missed connections >
by Megan Falley
Started another blog for more personal/written posts. Link me/recommend your blogs so I can follow some people :)
don’t be too clingy
don’t be such a ‘girl’
be a woman
but be hairless like a child
don’t wear skimpy outfits
don’t be such a ‘slut’
but take it off when i ask
don’t assert yourself
don’t be such a ‘bitch’
be nice to me
but don’t be a fucking doormat
don’t be ignorant
don’t be such a ‘bimbo’
but don’t argue your opinion with me
don’t wear make-up ever
don’t be so ‘insecure’
but don’t complain if i don’t like it
- Put your music player of choice on shuffle and list the first 10 songs
Nightclubbing - Iggy Pop
Crow Jane - Nick cave and The Bad Seeds
This is my City - Timothy Victor
I Like it Like That - Salt ‘n’ Pepa
Coma Girl - Joe Strummer and The Mescaleros
Rumble Blues - The Cramps
You - Radiohead
Walk the Line - Johnny Cash
Gold Digger - Kanye West
Sisters of the Moon - Fleetwood Mac
- If you could spend a week anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? Would you take anyone with you?
I would probably go to Japan because I’ve always wanted to go there and I would bring a few of my close friends.
- What is your preferred writing implement? (eg. Blue pen, pencil, green pen)
- Favourite month and why?
June, same month as my birthday and in the middle of winter.
- Do you have connections to any celebrities (even minor)? List them.
William Mcinnes (Australian actor)
Sarah Watt (Australian director)
- Name 3 items you could pick up from where you are.
Pack of cigarettes
- What brand logo is closest to you currently?
- Do you ever play board games or other non-computer games? Got any favourites?
Yes, favourites are UNO, Guess Who?, Kings Cup, Solitaire
- A musical artist you love that isn’t well known
- A musical artist you love that is well known
Lana Del Rey
- What is your desktop background currently?
- Last person you talked to, and through what you talked to them
Steph, through facebook
- First colour name you can think of that isn’t in the rainbow
- What timekeeping devices are in the room you are currently in?
Phone, TV, Laptop
- What kind of headphones do you use?
Black bud headphones
- What musical artists have you seen perform live?
The RPG’s, The White Stripes, Wolfmother, The Grates, Iggy Pop, Franz Ferdinand, The Mars Volta, The Magic Numbers, The Subways
- Does virginity matter to you?
- What gaming consoles do you or your family own?
NDS and Wii
- What pets do you have? What are their names?
Dog named Jack and Cat named Scamp
- What’s the best job you’ve ever had?
- What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?
- What magazines do you read, if any?
RUSSH and Frankie
- Inspiration behind your URL?
previous fascination with blood and comas.
- Inspiration behind your blog title?
- Favourite item of clothing?
My black leggings
- Are you friends with any exes?
- Name at least one book you loved as a child.
Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling
- What’s your native language? If that language has distinct regional variations, which variation? (eg. AU English, US English)
- What email service do you use?
- Is there anything hanging on the walls of the room you are currently in?
Framed Art Deco painting
- What’s your favourite number, and why?
8, It’s my lucky number.
- Earliest moment in your life you can remember?
My 3rd birthday, I kept trying to eat the nursery rhyme book I was given.
- What did you have for dinner yesterday?
- How often do you brush your teeth?
Try to every day
- What’s your favourite candy/chocolate?
M & M’s
- Have you had other blogs on Tumblr? Do you have any other blogs currently?
Currently have 2 other blogs on tumblr.
- If you were suddenly really hungry, what would you choose to eat?
- What fandoms would you consider yourself a part of?
Harry Potter, Btvs, Ats, The L Word, Skins, Misfits, Twin Peaks
- If you could study anything, what would it be?
Other then what I study now…Maybe graphic design or creative writing.
- Do you use anything on your lips? (eg. Chapstick, gloss, balm, lipstick)
- How would you describe your sense of humour?
Quirky, sarcastic, dry
- What things annoy you more than anything else?
Rudeness, cruelty, slut shaming, body shaming, racism, homophobia…etc
- What kind of position are you in at the moment?
- Do you wear much jewellery?
A few bracelets, that’s usually about it.
- Who is the leader of your country, currently? Any other levels of government with leaders? (State, region, province, county, district, municipality, etc)
Tony Abbott (Prime Minister)
- Last 3 blogs on your dashboard, not including any of your own
- What do you carry your money in?
- Do you enjoy driving? Why or why not?
I don’t drive
- Longest drive you have ever been on?
- Furthest away from home you have ever been?
- How many times have you moved house?
- What is on the floor of the room you’re currently in, not including furniture?
Bags, boots, linen basket, power adapter
- How many devices do you own which can access the internet?
- Is there is anything that is guaranteed to always make you happy?
Good food, family, friends, music, movies.
- Is there anything that always makes you sad?
- What programs do you currently have open?
Last.fm, Spotify, VLC player, Utorrent, Google Chrome
- What do you associate the colour red with?
Lipstick, passion, sex
- Last strong smell you can remember smelling?
- Last healthy thing you ate?
- Do you drink tea or coffee, and how much per day?
Iced Coffee, around 3 times a week
- What do you associate the colour blue with?
The sky, ocean, water, calmness.
- How long is the closest ruler you can find?
- What colour pants/skirt/etc are you currently wearing?
- When was the last time you drank water?
- How often do you clear your browser history?
- Do you believe nude photos can be artistic, rather than erotic?
- Ever written fanfiction for anything?
- Last formal event you attended
- If you had to move your birthday to another date, which one would you choose and why?
October 31st, because its the same day as Halloween!
- Would you prefer to be at a beach or in the countryside?
- Roughly how many people live in your town?
4 million according to google
- Do you know anyone with the same birthday as you?
Paul McCartney and Isabella Rossellini
- Favourite place to shop? Can be a certain store or a place where there are multiple stores
General Pants Co., ASOS, Etsy, Ebay, Landlocked Apparel, American Apparel, Sportsgirl, Shopjeen,
- Do you have a smartphone? What kind? If you don’t, do you want one?
I have an Iphone 4
- What is your least favourite colour, and why?
Yellow, too bright IMO
- How do you spell grey/gray?
- What difference is there between how many followers you have, and the number of blogs you follow?
1,000 number difference
- How many posts do you have?
- How many posts have you liked?’
- Do you post mainly reblogs, or your own content?
Around 60% reblogs and 40% my own
- Do you track any tags?
bettie page, btvs, horror, ghost
- What time is it currently?
- Is there anything you should be doing right now?